We're here for all dementia research in Scotland
The Scottish Dementia Research Consortium champion the work of the world-class dementia and brain health researchers across the country. We are a network that supports dementia research in Scotland in all disciplines. From dementia prevention, diagnosis, developing treatments in the future as well as helping the lives of people living with dementia today.
The SDRC have launched our webinar series, which takes place on the first Wednesday night of every months. Have a look at what events are coming up and look back at previous presentations
The Scottish Dementia Research Consortium have a set of goals which underline everything that we do. The purpose of these is to first, celebrate all ongoing dementia research. The second is to nurture the development of the research environment in Scotland to make it the best it can be. Our objectives are:
- Bring together Scottish-based dementia researchers of all research interests and backgrounds
- Promote collaboration and co-ordination between researchers
- Work with the Scottish Government to help improve dementia services
- Represent the interests of dementia research in Scotland at national, UK, European and worldwide level
- Ensure that the voice and views of people living with dementia in Scotland and their loved ones are central to all we do
How can I be a part of the SDRC?
The Scottish Dementia Research Consortium is the biggest network of brain health and dementia research in Scotland.
We are community of over 600 members. We work together to bring research into practice and also to improve the quality of life for people with dementia and those who care for them.
Membership for the SDRC is free and open to all.