We’re deeply saddened to hear that Professor John Starr has passed away. Prof Starr supported our work for many years as an Alzheimer Scotland Trustee, and as the Director of the Alzheimer Scotland Dementia Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh. Reacting to the news, Alzheimer Scotland Chief Executive Henry Simmons said, “We’re deeply saddened by the loss of Professor John Starr, “Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel at the sudden loss of such a wonderfully kind, dedicated and exceptionally talented clinician and researcher. Our thoughts and most heartfelt sympathies are with his family at this difficult time. ” You can find out more about Professor John Starr on the University of Edinburgh Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology’s website.
Follow us on Twitter
- How COVID has Impacted Early Career Researchers: July 2020 Survey Findings
- Do you have insights to share with other researchers? Write a blog for the SDRC!
- Take part in a research study: Remote Cognitive Testing Survey
- How to organise a virutal conference: Our experience from the SDRC Conference 2020
- SDRC Virtual Conference 2020 Summary